You may need permission if:
- You have not completed course prerequisites.
- You want to register for a closed class due to seat limitations.
- You need approval to register from the instructor or department.
- You are attempting to register after the first day of class.
Permission numbers are obtained from the instructor or department.
Register with permission
Once you have permission, go to your shopping cart and register as normal. Permission is granted through the registration system and will be waiting for you. Be sure to register for the exact class for which you were given permission.
How to enter a permission number
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the appropriate term. If you are only eligible to access the Shopping Cart for one term, skip this step.
- Find the class you were provided permission to register for by entering the five-digit class number or by searching.
- Confirm that you have the correct class and select your enrollment preferences.
- Enter the permission number you were given into the Permission Nbr field, and then click the Next button.
- The class has been added to your shopping cart. Click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to continue.
- Confirm your class selection, and then click Finish Enrolling.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates you are successfully registered.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.