If you are a degree-seeking undergraduate student from the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD), you have the opportunity to register concurrently at the College of Saint Scholastica (CSS) and the University of Wisconsin-Superior (UWS) through Inter-Institutional Cross Registration (IICR). Additionally, CSS and UWS students are invited to cross-register for UMD courses concurrently with their home institution registration.
Effective fall 2017, IICR students cannot enroll in online courses at CSS.
About Inter-Institutional Cross Registration
- Full-time enrollment (12+ credits) at the home institution is required for all students to participate.
- A combined maximum of two IICR courses per term at CSS or UWS is allowed for UMD students.
- Additional UMD tuition charges for the IICR courses will be calculated as if the courses had been taken at UMD.
- Cross registration course or lab fees payment may be required prior to registration.
- The grade(s) earned at the host institution count in your University of Minnesota GPA.
- Cross registration is not available during the summer.
- Cross registration is not available for graduate or professional level courses.
Cross Registration steps for UMD students
- Complete the Inter-Institutional Cross Registration (IICR) form.
- Discuss your academic plan with your advisor to obtain authorization.
- Return form to One Stop Student Services.
- You will be notified by University email if registration is successful or if there are any concerns.
- Once you have been registered at the host institution, you will need to initiate your account and email. Please check with the host institution to receive instructions.
- Your UMD bill (online) will reflect any charges. You may be assessed course fees by CSS or UWS depending upon the class of enrollment. All fees must be paid to receive final grades for IICR courses.
- UMD will enroll you in "IICR" subject classes to reflect your CSS or UWS registration. You will see IICR course(s) listed on your class schedule.
- The course taken at CSS or UWS will be on your UMD transcript and count toward your University of Minnesota GPA with a notation that the course was taken at CSS or UWS.
- After grades are posted work with your Collegiate Unit Advising Office to have these credits applied to your UMD degree requirements on your APAS degree audit report.
Dropping an IICR course
- Do not drop your IICR classes online.
- Your IICR course enrollment is subject to the cancel/add refund deadlines of your host institution.
- Contact One Stop Student Services in order to drop your cross registration course(s). We will work with the host institution to update your records.
- Failure to follow the correct drop procedure for courses enrolled through IICR could result in receiving an incomplete (I) or a failing grade (F). There may also be financial implications. Failure to follow correct procedures in a timely manner may result in having to petition/appeal your situation at both campuses.
For UW-Superior and College of St. Scholastica students at UMD
- Follow the Inter-Institution Cross Registration (IICR) instructions provided by your home institution. Visit your institution's website for details.
- College of St. Scholastica
- University of Wisconsin - Superior
- Registration is available during the period of UMD open enrollment.
- Check your home institution email for updates regarding your registration status. Some classes require instructor permission in order to proceed with registration.
- All students participating in IICR must remain at full-time enrollment (12+ credits) at your home institution during the semester of participation in the program.
- UMD email is the official means of communication at UMD. Accessing your UMD email is required. Once you have initiated your UMD student account, online services and email become available.
- Activate your UMD student account.
- You are responsible for any associated course fees.
- UMD bills are distributed via your UMD email.
- Monitor your UMD student account online to check your account balance and be aware of payment due dates. Check your UMD student account to view bills and to make online payments.
- Cross registration students are not required to obtain a UMD U Card, although they may do so if they want to. If you are interested in obtaining a U Card please stop by the U Card Office located at 127 Kirby Plaza. Make sure to bring two approved forms of ID. The list of approved items can be found on the U Card website.
IICR contact information
College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Ave
Duluth, MN 55811
University of Wisconsin-Superior
Old Main, Room 139
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880
University of Minnesota Duluth
One Stop Student Services
23 Solon Campus Center
1117 University Drive
Duluth, MN 55812