Return to the U

Return as an undergraduate

If you are an undergraduate student and have not been enrolled for at least 2 consecutive semesters (excluding summer), you've been placed on inactive status. To return to active status, follow the instructions below.

Steps to return

  1. Fill out the Readmission/return from leave of absence request. When your request has been processed, you will be notified with your registration date and time. If you are changing colleges, you may want to explore re-enrolling in your previously attended college first.
  2. Search for classes you want to take.
  3. Complete your registration online in MyU (learn how to register). We recommend meeting with your academic advisor before you register for classes. 

For more information view the Leave of Absence and Readmission for Undergraduates Policy.

Graduate and professional student readmission

If you were previously an active grad or professional student and are currently on inactive status, you will need to seek readmission. Visit the Graduate School to learn about the readmission process.

Return from academic suspension

If you were academically dismissed, contact the advising and academic services office of the college to which you are seeking re-enrollment to regain active status.