Federal tuition assistance

The Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) program provides financial assistance to students currently serving in the National Guard, reserves, or on Active Duty. FTA can be used for voluntary education programs that support professional and personal self-development goals. FTA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program. We suggest that you get approval from your Educational Service Officer before you enroll in classes.

The Federal Tuition Assistance Request is your way of letting the University know that you would like to use your Federal Tuition Assistance for the given term.  This benefit is for eligible students in the MN Army National Guard or Army Reserves who have an account in ArmyIgnitED. This form must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester to allow time to process within the FTA deadlines.

For more information about the FTA program, contact University Veterans Services