Home > Academics > Change your U of M campus

Change your major, minor, college, or campus

Your first choice for your academic plan may not suit you as your interests develop, and as you discover all the University has to offer. Follow the instructions below to make a change. Discuss with your advisor how the change could affect when you graduate.

Contact One Stop Student Services to discuss how the change impacts financial aid. Submit your request at least two weeks prior to your registration appointment time to the collegiate unit that offers your desired program.

Requests made after the end of the second week will be processed for the next semester. To confirm processing of your change, go to MyU: Academics and view My Programs.

Change your major/minor or add a second degree program

Forms are available at each college's advising and academic services office and at some departmental offices. For more information contact the college's advising and academic services office. See more information for college specific instructions or requirements.

  • CEHSP - 120 Bohannon Hall, 726-7156
  • CAHSS - 120 Montague Hall, 726-8180
  • LSBE - 111A LSBE Building, 726-6594
  • SCSE - 140 Engineering, 726-7585

Dual undergraduate degrees

If you are pursuing more than one degree (i.e., BA and BS), complete the Dual Degree Program Application, and submit it to the collegiate unit offering the second degree.

Change your college

To change from one UMD collegiate unit to another, submit your Application for Undergraduate Change of College to the advising and academic services office of the collegiate unit you wish to transfer to.

Change your campus

Step 1: Meet with your current academic advisor to discuss your plan.

Step 2: Investigate transfer requirements.

These Twin Cities colleges and departments have specific transfer requirements:

Step 3: Make sure you meet the deadlines for applying. If you are applying to the Twin Cities campus, check the deadlines specific to the college/department you are applying to.

Step 4: Complete a transfer application:

Step 5: Review the Guide for changing your U of M campus to help you through the transition.

If you wish to withdraw your application at any time, you must notify the UMD Office of Admissions at umdadmis@d.umn.edu or (218) 726-7171, or you will not be able to continue your studies at UMD.

Important Dates


Fri, Jul 1, 2022 First 7-week summer session last day of classes
Fri, Jul 1, 2022 First half summer session last day of classes
Tue, Jul 5, 2022 Second 7-week summer sessions begin