Undergraduate certificate programs
A University of Minnesota certificate can provide:
- a stepping-stone toward a baccalaureate or graduate degree
- specialized training to supplement your existing skills and credentials
- valuable preparation and training for employment and promotion
Certificate programs to meet your needs
- a wide range of educational options for full-time and part-time students
- a variety of course options, including day, evening, and online classes are available throughout the year
- University of Minnesota certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid programs. Estimate the cost of your certificate program
- Personal academic advising: Contact the certificate program to get started!
Starting your certificate program
On the University Catalogs website, select the appropriate "Undergraduate credit certificate" program type to find information about available certificate programs and their requirements.
Undergraduate certificate programs:
- Business Administration - contact Anna Greshowak
- Educational Computing and Technology - contact David McCarthy
- Geographic Information Science - contact Laure Charleux
- Explore the graduate level GIS certificate
- Museum Studies - contact David Woodward
- Resilient Precast Concrete - contact Ben Dymond
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language - contact Alex Seydow
- Theatre Design and Production - contact Mark Harvey
Send official transcripts to University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Mail to UMD Admissions Processing, 123 DAdB, 1049 University Drive, Duluth, MN 55812-3011
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Initiate your UMN account after you receive confirmation and your UMN ID.
- Your UMN account gives you access to University online systems, including University email and the MyU portal, where you will register for classes, see your grades, and pay your bill.
- Note: You do not need to complete this step if your UMN account is active.
Completing your certificate program
|Fri, May 1, 2020||May graduation application deadline for graduate & professional students (monthly clearances only)|
|Fri, May 8, 2020||Undergraduate degree conferral date for spring|
|Sat, May 9, 2020||Commencement ceremonies are postponed|
|Fri, May 1, 2020||Full and second half semester last day of spring classes|
|Mon, May 11, 2020||May and full summer sessions begin|
|Mon, May 18, 2020||First 7-week session begin|