Home > Veterans > Take classes as a non-degree student

Take a class as a non-degree/guest student

The application process to use your benefits as a non-degree veteran student is the same as a degree-seeking veteran student. Contact us with questions about using your veteran benefits for non-degree coursework. The federal GI Bill® can be used for two semesters of non-degree coursework while you are applying to a degree program at the University of Minnesota.

Important Dates

Billing & Payment

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 Second billing statement for spring available (due date: 3/8/20)
Sun, Mar 8, 2020 Spring payment due in full (or second payment if enrolled in payment plan)
Mon, Mar 23, 2020 Second half semester last day to drop a class with a 100% refund, no approval required


Mon, Mar 2, 2020 Open registration begins for May and summer sessions
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 First half semester classes end
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 Second half semester classes begin