Federal tuition assistance
The Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) program provides financial assistance to students currently serving in the National Guard, reserves, or on Active Duty. FTA can be used for voluntary education programs that support professional and personal self-development goals. FTA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program.
For additional information, follow the links below for your service branch's website:
FTA enrollment requests must be submitted and approved prior to the course start date.
Students at the University of Minnesota can use the following documents when applying:
Degree Plan/Degree Audit Report
- Undergraduates – upload a PDF of APAS report.
- Graduate students – upload letter on letterhead from an advisor with the list of required courses for your degree.
Enrollment Verification/Class Schedule
- Upload a PDF of your registration & fee summary. You can access this document in the My Finances tab of MyU.
- Wait until charges are posted (approximately three weeks before the start of the semester).
- Then, upload a PDF of your registration & fee summary. You can access this document in the My Finances tab of MyU.
Once approved, authorization forms should be submitted to Veterans Services in 42 Solon Campus Center or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other application and approval questions should be addressed to your unit or the GoArmyEd helpline at 651-282-4589.
Billing & Payment
|Tue, Sep 17, 2019||Fall payment due in full (or first payment if enrolled in payment plan)|
|Thu, Sep 26, 2019||Last day to make changes to student health insurance|
|Fri, Oct 4, 2019||Second billing statement for fall available (due date: 10/17/19)|