Home > Return to the University

Return to the University

If you are an undergraduate student and have not registered for at least two consecutive semesters (excluding summer session), you have been placed on inactive status. To return to active status, follow the instructions below.

Note: If you were academically dismissed contact the advising and academic services office of the college to which you are seeking re-enrollment to regain active status.

Step 1: Fill out the Request for Readmission form. When your request has been processed, you will be notified with your registration date and time. If you are changing colleges, you may want to explore re-enrolling in your previously attended college first.

Step 2: Search for classes you want to take.

Step 3: Complete your registration. We recommend meeting with your academic advisor before you register for classes. When you are ready, you can fill out the Course Registration Worksheet or register for classes online in MyU.

For more information view the Leave of Absence and Readmission for Undergraduates Policy.

Readmission for graduate and professional students

If you were previously an active grad or professional student and are currently on inactive status, you will need to seek readmission. Visit the Graduate School to learn about the readmission process.

Important Dates


Mon, Oct 15, 2018 Second half semester classes begin
Sat, Dec 1, 2018 Spring 2019 undergraduate admission application deadline for new freshman and transfer students
Fri, Dec 7, 2018 Second half and full semester, last day of classes