Update your information
Update personal information
Minnesota law requires all students born after December 31, 1956, who enroll in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against certain diseases. See the UMD Health Services page for information on how to update your record.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident (green card), you are considered a Minnesota resident if:
- You have been continuously present in the state of Minnesota for at least one calendar year prior to the first day of class attendance at the University.
- During that one-year period, you must not have attended any Minnesota post-secondary educational institutions.
Having a history out of the state, including transfer coursework, graduation from a non-Minnesota high school, and out-of-state work experience, may result in you receiving an initial classification of nonresident.
To update your gender in our student information system, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Update contact information
Student information and public records
Some of your student information is a matter of public record. If it is public record, it is available to anyone who makes a request for public records. For example, your name and college are public records according to policy.
Your student information first appears in the search when you register for classes for the first time. You can make changes to your privacy settings in the My Info tab of MyU at any time throughout your academic career.
To understand what information is public, refer to the Board of Regents Student Education Records policy.
People Search directory
In addition to public records, the University has an online directory called People Search (login required). Anyone with a University internet ID and password can log in to People Search and look up University members.
Your student information which is public record appears in People Search by default unless you choose to suppress (hide) any of the information.
By default, People Search shows:
- Preferred name
- Internet ID
- Appointment (if employed by the University) - title, college/department, campus
- Enrollment - college/department, campus, term/year
- Email address
Change your privacy settings
You can make none, some, or all of your information private. The changes that you make apply to public records requests as well as to the results shown in the People Search directory.
In MyU, there are five options to suppress (hide or restrict) your information:
- Suppress ONLY my phone numbers.
- Suppress ONLY my addresses.
- Suppress BOTH my phone numbers and my addresses.
- Suppress my phone numbers, my address, my email
- Your information will not appear in the University’s public directories. Your phone numbers, addresses and email addresses will not be released to third parties without your written permission.
- Suppress ALL information about me
- Your information will not be released to third parties without your written permission, including your university enrollment information. The University will not verify your attendance or degree completion to prospective employers, financial institutions, rental agencies, or other entities offering services without your written permission.
Changes take effect within 24 hours. For help, contact email@example.com or call 612-301-4357.
Student records policies
Suppressing your information does not hide it from University staff who need your information, such as your advisor. If you also work at the University, your employment information will not be hidden.